A raspberry mule is a refreshing cocktail that comes together with just a few ingredients! The raspberry simple syrup can be made in advance, making it a great prep-ahead cocktail that will impress your guests.
What is in a Raspberry Moscow Mule
- Raspberry simple syrup- made with fresh raspberries and equal parts water and sugar
- Lime juice- for added freshness
- Vodka- traditional in a Moscow Mule
- Ginger beer- this is my favorite brand
How do I make raspberry simple syrup?
Raspberry simple syrup is made by simply boiling equal parts raspberries, sugar, and water until the sugar is completely dissolved. I then strain it to remove the seeds. You can make it up to a few weeks in advance. It is a key ingredient in this recipe but if you are in a pinch, you can also muddle a small handful of raspberries at the bottom of your drink for some raspberry flavor.
How do I make a virgin raspberry mule?
A non-alcoholic version would be delicious! Omit the vodka and add a splash more of ginger beer.
More cocktail ideas
If you make this raspberry mule, I'd love to know what you think in the comments below!
This page may contain Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
Raspberry Simple Syrup (makes about 1 ½ cups, perfect for 4 drinks)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup granulated white cane sugar
- 3 ounces raspberry simple syrup
- 0.5 ounce lime juice
- 1.5 ounces vodka
- 3 ounces ginger beer
- 3 raspberries for garnish, optional
- 1 lime wedge for garnish, optional
Raspberry Simple Syrup
- Add the raspberries to a medium saucepan and muddle them gently with the back of a spoon. Stir in the sugar and water. Heat the pan over medium-high heat until gently boiling. Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes, or until sugar is completely dissolved and you can only see the seeds left in the raspberries. Strain through a fine mesh strainer. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- In a glass (preferrably a copper mug), add a handful of ice, the raspberry simple syrup, lime juice, vodka, and ginger beer. Stir well and top with additional ice. Garnish with raspberries and a lime wedge, if desired.