This is my father's mai tai recipe that he has been perfecting for years. It is so delicious and guaranteed to make you feel like you are on a tropical vacation.
There are a few very important ingredients (or lack thereof) that make this cocktail so amazing:
- Coconut rum- adds so much more flavor than traditional white rum
- Orgeat syrup- the almond and floral syrup adds just the right amount of sweetness
- No grenadine- many mai tai recipes include grenadine making the drink far too sweet
I hope you love this recipe! If you make this mai tai recipe, I'd love to know what you think in the comments below. And be sure to check out my tropical mules for another delicious tropical drink.
The best tropical mai tai recipe with orgeat syrup, coconut rum, dark rum, and orange and pineapple juices.Print Pin Rate
Servings: 1 drink
- 2 oz coconut rum
- 1.5 oz orange juice
- 1.5 oz pineapple juice
- 0.5 oz orgeat syrup
- 1 oz dark rum
- orange or pineapple slices for garnish, optional
- Mix coconut rum, orange juice, pineapple juice, and orgeat syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice for 30 seconds. Strain into a glass over ice.
- Float the dark rum on top. Garnish with pineapple or orange slice (optional).
Leave a Reply