Guava margaritas are the perfect refreshing summer cocktail. They are light, tropical, and perfect for cooling down in the summer.
I was inspired to make this drink after having a specialty drink at Nopalito restaurant in San Francisco. It was the best margarita of my life! Theirs was blended and also included passionfruit. I decided to serve my version on the rocks to make it easier to make ahead for guests and I cut the passionfruit to reduce the number of ingredients needed. You could certainly try my version blended if you'd like!
Can I make this margarita in a pitcher?
Absolutely! If you are serving this to guests, I highly recommend just adding all ingredients, minus the ice, to a large pitcher. Keep the pitcher in the refrigerator until it is time to serve. When it's time to serve, give it all a good stir and pour over glasses filled with ice. Just adjust the servings in the ingredient section below to see how much you'll need.
Can I make a pitcher of guava margaritas ahead?
Yes! You could make them the day before and keep them sealed in the refrigerator. I definitely recommend making them ahead when serving guests so that you don't have to play bartender all night.
Should I use guava juice or guava nectar?
I have tested this recipe with both guava juice and guava nectar and both were delicious. There is a difference between the two. The first time I made this, I used Ceres guava juice and it was so light and refreshing! This juice blend includes some pear juice and guava juice. The next time I made it, I used guava nectar, which tends to be more readily available in stores. It was also delicious but a tad sweeter and included more additives, including apple juice. If you are able to find Ceres guava juice, that would be my recommendation for a lighter cocktail. You can't go wrong with either though.
What should I serve these margaritas with?
I'd recommend serving them with:
If you give these a try, I'd love to know what you think in the comments below! Cheers!
This page contains Amazon affiliate links. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
Please drink responsibly.
- lime juice to rim the glass optional
- salt to rim the glass optional
- 1.5 oz 100% agave tequila
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1 oz lime juice
- 3 oz guava juice or nectar see note above regarding guava nectar
- lime wedges for garnish, optional
- If a salted glass is desired, rim a glass with lime juice and then sea salt.
- In a cocktail shaker, add tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and guava juice. Fill with ice and shake the cocktail shaker until the outside becomes frosted over, about 30 seconds.
- Add ice to your glass and strain the drink over the ice. Garnish with a lime wedge, if desired.
Leave a Reply