These yogurt parfaits with pineapple jam and coconut granola are an easy breakfast or snack and will make you feel like you are on a tropical vacation.
The pineapple jam is perfectly tart and sweet. It is also delicious served on a piece of toast, so doubling the jam is a great idea!
The granola has crushed up corn flakes in it for extra texture and crunch. It is tossed with oats, shredded coconut, vanilla, honey, and a dash of cinnamon then toasted to perfection.
This recipe is great to make in advance and then assemble when you are ready to enjoy. They would be perfect for busy weekday mornings or for serving for a weekend brunch.
The pineapple jam can be made up to 3 weeks in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The coconut granola can be stored in a cool, dry place in an airtight container for up to a year. I do not recommend assembling and layering the ingredients together until you are ready to enjoy. Assembling too far in advance can make the granola soggy.
If you make this yogurt with pineapple jam and coconut granola parfaits, I'd love nothing more than to hear what you think in the comments below!
Looking for other breakfast ideas? Check on these recipes!
- Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Waffles
- Hash Brown and Chorizo Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage and Leek Breakfast Turnovers
Yogurt with Pineapple Jam and Coconut Granola
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup corn flakes
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon honey plus more for topping as desired
- 3 cups diced fresh pineapple
- ⅓ cup granulated white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Use your hands to slightly break the corn flakes into smaller bits. Toss all ingredients together on the baking sheet until well incorporated. Bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing every 5-7 minutes, until golden brown (be careful not to burn!). Cool.
- Meanwhile, stir together pineapple and sugar in a medium pot and bring to a simmer on medium heat. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until pineapples begin to soften, stirring every few minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to break up diced pineapple and create a jam-like texture. Cool.
- Assemble parfaits by layering yogurt, pineapple, and granola. Drizzle with additional honey, if desired. Enjoy immediately.
- Makes just over 2 cups of granola.
- I use non-fat plain greek yogurt. Vanilla yogurt would also be delicious.
- Granola can be stored in an airtight container up to a month.
- Jam can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- You can do one layer of ingredients, two layers, or however many you'd like!