This make-ahead holiday sangria is an easy holiday cocktail that is so delicious and will keep you from playing bartender all night! Make it the night before, and enjoy with your friends and family the next day.
How far in advance should I make sangria?
Make the sangria at least one hour in advance of serving. That said, I’d recommend making it the night before to really let the flavors meld together. This is a great recipe to make ahead and simply pour into glasses when guests arrive.
What should I garnish this sangria with?
To make this drink extra festive for the holidays, I love garnishing with some fresh cranberries and a rosemary sprig. The rosemary sprig isn't just for looks, smelling it while taking a sip adds such a nice depth of flavor. Don't skip on the rosemary!
How should I serve this holiday sangria?
I recommend serving sangria in a big pitcher with wine glasses and ice. I have this pitcher and love it! It would be delicious served along with Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms!
If you try this make-ahead holiday sangria, I’d love to know what you think in the comments below! Cheers!
Make-Ahead Holiday Sangria
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 red apple sliced and cut into wedges
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 750ml bottle of Grenache or Pinot Noir
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup cranberry juice
- ¼ cup brandy
- fresh cranberries for garnish, optional
- rosemary sprigs for garnish, optional
- In a large pitcher, add orange and apple slices. Add sugar and muddle fruit slightly with a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add wine, orange juice, cranberry juice, and brandy and stir well. Refrigerate pitcher for at least 1 hour, ideally overnight. When ready to serve, stir well again and pour over ice. Garnish with fresh cranberries and a rosemary sprig.
Leave a Reply