This cucumber smash cocktail will be your new go-to refreshing drink! The light cucumber and tart lime mixed with the floral elderflower liqueur, make this one the most refreshing cocktails out there. It can be made year-round and is easy to whip up, what more could you ask for?
How do I make a cucumber and elderflower cocktail?
Start by muddling the cucumber and lime juice in a glass by using a muddler or the back of a spoon. Stir in the cucumber lime vodka, elderflower liqueur, sparkling water, and ice. Finally, garnish with a lime and voila! It is so simple, yet so delicious.
- Cucumber- I chop the cucumber into a small dice
- Lime juice
- Cucumber lime vodka- you can substitute for non-flavored vodka, but cucumber lime vodka adds so much flavor
- Elderflower liqueur- more info on this below!
- Club soda- grapefruit flavored is delicious with this but you can also use lime flavored or plain!
What is elderflower liqueur?
Elderflower liqueur is made from elderflower blossoms. It adds a slight floral flavor and sweetness. Just a little goes a long way! I only use 0.5 oz of elderflower liqueur per drink. It is the secret ingredient to this cocktail and is so delicious! I recommend St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur.
How do I make a cucumber smash mocktail?
To make this cocktail a mocktail, I recommend mixing grapefruit sparkling water with muddled cucumbers and lime juice. Just like refreshing spa water!
What should I serve this cocktail with?
This citrus cocktail would be delicious paired with:
More refreshing cocktail recipes
If you make this cucumber smash cocktail with elderflower, I'd love to know what you think in the comments below!
Cucumber Smash Cocktail
- 1 tablespoon diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 oz cucumber lime vodka
- 0.5 oz elderflower liqueur
- 4 oz club soda plain, grapefruit, or lime flavored
- lime wedges for garnish, optional
- Add diced cucumber and lime juice to a glass and muddle for about 30 seconds. Add the vodka, lime juice, sparkling water, and ice. Stir well and garnish with a lime, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Grapefruit-flavored sparkling water is my favorite with this drink!
- Please drink responsibly.