Game day or any day, this sour cream and chive dip is a crowd-pleaser appetizer or snack! Packed with sour cream, Greek yogurt, Dijon, lemon, and garlic powder, it's the perfect match for potato chips.
- Sour Cream: The sour cream adds a delicious
- Greek Yogurt: I use full-fat plain Greek yogurt.
- Chives: The chives add a delicious mild onion flavor.
- Lemon: For a little tartness
- Garlic Powder: I love garlic, so I call for a good amount of garlic powder. If you prefer a milder garlic flavor, you can reduce it to 1 ½ teaspoon or 1 tsp.
Step by step
- Combine the finely chopped chives with sour cream, Greek yogurt, Dijon, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Taste adjusting for seasoning and serve with potato chips and/or sliced veggies.
Storage and prep-ahead dips
This dip is a great make-ahead snack for game day or any party because it tastes even better when prepped in advance! As it rests in the refrigerator the flavors will meld together and the onion flavor from the chives will be brought out even more.
You can store this dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Since it is a dairy-based dip, I do not recommend freezing it.
This cold dip is perfect for game day or any party! Potato chips are a classic with this sour cream dip! You could also serve it with sliced veggies such as cucumber, celery, and bell peppers.
More dips you'll love
If you try this sour cream and chive dip, I'd love to know what you think in the comments below! I hope you love it!
Sour Cream and Chive Dip
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup finely chopped chives plus more for topping
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly cracked pepper
- Potato chips or veggies to serve
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt, sour cream, chives, garlic powder, lemon juice, Dijon, salt and pepper. Taste adjusting for seasoning.
- Garnish with additional chives, if desired. and serve with potato chips and/or veggies.
- This dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- This dip is even better when prepped in advance and left to chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Makes a little over 2 cups and serves 8-10 people.