This spicy garlic hummus is so flavorful and is the perfect appetizer or snack for game day. It is infused with a chili garlic oil that has just the right amount of heat and punch. This hummus is a proven crowd-pleaser, easy dip that comes together in just 15 minutes or less.
This hummus makes a great appetizer or snack and can be served with your favorite dippers. Dippers could include:
- Pita bread or pita chips
- Rice crackers
- Carrot sticks
- Celery sticks
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced bell peppers
This hummus has just a slight kick and I find it is great for serving to a crowd. If you love spice, go ahead and up the quantity of red chili flakes.
I use a food processor to make my hummus nice and smooth and incorporated.
This would also be the perfect appetizer to pair with Greek Chicken Burgers. If you try this spicy garlic hummus, I'd love to know what you think in the comments below! And be sure to follow @ccs_table on Instagram to stay up to date with my latest recipes.
This page contains Amazon Affiliate Link(s), as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
Spicy Garlic Hummus
- 15 oz can of garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoon tahini unsalted
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice about ½ a lemon
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for topping
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1.5 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon chopped parsley optional, for garnish
- Remove the outer shell of each garbanzo bean by pinching each bean between two fingers. Discard the shells.
- Place the peeled garbanzo beans in a food processor along with the tahini, lemon juice, and salt.
- Heat a small pan over medium-low heat and add the olive oil, red chili flakes, and garlic until fragrant and oil is hot, about 3-5 minutes (be careful to not burn the garlic! Stop cooking if garlic starts to brown).
- Turn on the food processor and slowly add the chili garlic oil to the food processor while it is running. Turn off and wipe down the sides of the food processor and pulse a few more times, until smooth. Serve with pita or sliced veggies.
- Makes about 2 cups of hummus.
- You can store the hummus in an airtight container for 3-5 days in the refrigerator, or 6-8 months in the freezer.
Never buying pre-made hummus again!! This is delicious! 🤤
Caitlin from CC's Table
Oh that makes me so happy! Thank you so much, Laura!