These delicious and juicy Feta Chicken Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce are the ultimate chicken burger. Whether you're firing up the grill or cooking on the stovetop, these Greek chicken burgers with feta are easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Plus, the whole recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes.
- Greek yogurt- you can use full-fat or reduced-fat
- Ground chicken- I use chicken thighs if I can find them
- Feta cheese- crumbled and mixed into the ground chicken
- Dried oregano- use about triple the amount if using fresh herbs
- Your favorite chicken burger toppings (see ideas below!)
How to make feta chicken burgers
- To make the tzatziki sauce, combine all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Combine all the chicken ingredients in a medium bowl and gently combine.
- Form the ground chicken and feta mixture into 1-inch thick patties.
- Sear the burgers on a cast iron skillet on the grill or stovetop until cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite toppings including a grilled bun.
What should I put on chicken burgers?
- Red onion (my favorite)
- Sliced tomato (my other favorite)
- Sliced cucumber
- Lettuce, arugula, or mixed greens
- More feta cheese
Prep ahead tips
- The tzatziki sauce can be made up to 4 days ahead and kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Stir the tzatziki before enjoying.
- The chicken patties can be formed up to 4 hours in advanced and kept covered in the refrigerator.
Can I grill these chicken burgers?
Yes, however you will want to put a pan on the grill to prevent them from falling through. To make these Greek chicken burgers, you'll want to get your pan nice and hot. If you have a cast-iron skillet and grill, I recommend throwing that skillet straight on the grill to pre-heat for 5-10 minutes before throwing the patties on. Otherwise, a regular non-stick pan will work just fine on your stovetop.
Know that these chicken patties will be wet when forming, so you don't want to throw them straight on your grill without a skillet, otherwise, they may fall apart. It is that moisture though that makes these so juicy and delicious!
I used 1 lb of ground chicken and made four ¼ lb patties-- you could easily adjust to ½ lb or ⅓ lb patties though depending on how hungry you are!
Don't skimp on the bun-- get your favorite bun for these Greek style chicken burgers!
To make these gluten free, you can serve these on a gluten free bun or between two slices of lettuce.
More chicken recipes you'll love
Leave a comment below to let me know what you think of these Greek inspired Feta Chicken Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce! And if you take photos, be sure to tag @ccs_table on Instagram so that I can see your creation!
Feta Chicken Burgers with Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup finely grated cucumber about ½ an English cucumber
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic about 1 clove
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic about 2 cloves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 buns toasted, if desired
- additional burger toppings such as sliced red onion and tomatoes
- Combine grated cucumber, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Adjust salt and pepper for seasoning. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
Greek chicken patties
- In a medium bowl, mix ground chicken, Worcestershire, garlic, oregano, feta, salt, and pepper. Using your hands, form into equally sized patties that are about 1 inch thick.
- Heat a large pan, preferably cast-iron, on a medium-high heat grill or stovetop.
- Add 2 tablespoon olive oil to your heated pan. Once oil begins to shine, add the chicken patties. Cook covered for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through and juices run clear, flipping halfway.
- Assemble the burgers on toasted buns, with a chicken patty, tzatziki sauce, and desired toppings.