This homemade tzatziki sauce is one of the simplest sauces I have. But don't let its simplicity fool you, it still wows with flavor in every bite! The cucumber, garlic, and lemon juice will transport you to Greece and make you want to serve this with any dish! It is delicious served as a side, as an appetizer with pita chips, or as a snack with sliced veggies.
How should I prepare the cucumber for tzatziki?
I love grating the cucumber for this sauce. Grating the cucumber will leave both fine cucumber pieces and juice to flavor the yogurt.
How do I make tzatziki sauce ahead?
Tzaziki sauce can be made up to 4 days ahead and kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Make sure to give it a good stir before serving it again.
What should I serve with homemade tzatziki?
Here are a few of my favorite dishes to serve with tzatziki:
- Easy marinated grilled chicken (especially with pita and veggies for chicken gyros!)
- Tomato Feta Salad
- Cucumber and Elderflower Smash
- Pita chips and sliced vegetables, such as cucumbers, bell peppers, and carrots.
If you make this easy homemade tzatziki sauce recipe, I'd love to know what you think in the comments below!
Easy Homemade Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup Greek yogurt preferably full-fat
- ½ cup grated cucumber about ½ an English cucumber
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice about ½ a lemon
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- Combine grated cucumber, yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Adjust salt and pepper for seasoning. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
Leave a Reply