Roasted Broccoletti with lemon and parmesan is a delicious and easy side dish that is not only beautiful on any plate, but also so flavorful. With just 6 ingredients, you'll have an easy roasted green vegetable side dish!
What is broccoletti (broccolini)?
Broccoletti is also known as broccolini or Tenderstem (the trademark version). It is a combination of broccoli and Chinese broccoli. It has long stems with florets and sometimes little flowers on top (you can eat those too!).
Key ingredients for this recipe
- Broccoletti, broccolini, or Tenderstems: trim the bottom half-inch or so that tends to be tough
- Red pepper flakes: you can omit for no spice or increase for spicy broccolini
- Lemon zest: for a little zing
- Parmesan: For extra saltiness and decadence. You can omit to make this recipe vegan and dairy-free
How to roast broccoletti
I love some brown (or even a little black) marks on my veggies, which is why roasting is my favorite method! Roast broccolini at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until tender and slightly browned.
How to prep broccoletti (broccolini) in advance
Roasted broccoletti or broccolini is best straight from the oven. To prepare in advance when serving guests, trim the stems and arrange them on the prepared sheet pan. They will be fine sitting on your counter out of the sunlight for an hour or two (or keep them in the fridge if you have room). When you are ready to roast them, quickly toss them with the olive oil, red pepper flakes, and salt. You can grate the parmesan days in advance and keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
What to serve with roasted broccoletti with lemon
If you make this Roasted Broccoletti recipe, I'd love to know what you think in the comments below!
Roasted Broccoletti (Broccolini)
- 1 lb broccolini (also know as broccoletti)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional, adjust for more or less heat)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1.5 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Trim the bottom ½ inch off each piece of broccolini (not the floret side). Place the broccolini on a sheet pan and toss with the olive oil, red pepper flakes, and salt. Arrange the broccolini in a single, spread out layer.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes, or until broccolini is tender and the florets are slightly browned, tossing half way. Toss with lemon zest and parmesan and serve immediately.