This strawberry corn flake crisp is the ultimate fruity dessert! The sweet and tart strawberries are topped with crispy and crunchy cinnamon, oat, and corn flake toppings. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you'll have me swooning!
The corn flakes add more crunch than your average crisp. Plus, since this recipe has cereal in it... you can have this crisp for breakfast, right?
I use fresh strawberries but you could substitute for frozen strawberries. If you use frozen, double the amount of cornstarch to help thicken the juices.
I have made this crisp up to a day in advance, baked it, and stored covered in the refrigerator. When you are getting ready to serve, bake at 350 covered for 20 minutes, or until warm and bubbly. I don't recommend freezing it as it can cause the topping to lose its crunch.
If you make this strawberry corn flake crisp, please let me know what you think in the comments below. I hope you love it!
More dessert recipes to try:
- Silver Platter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
- Brownies with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
P.S. new items have been added CC's Favorite's. Be sure to check it out for my favorite kitchen gear!
This page contains Amazon Affiliate Link(s), as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you.
Strawberry Corn Flake Crisp
- 32 oz strawberries hulled and quartered
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Corn Flake Topping
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1.5 cups corn flake cereal
- ¼ cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and position the oven rack to the middle shelf. Spray a 9x9 or 11x7 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together quartered strawberries, lemon juice, white sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla extract until will combined. Pour into baking dish and spread evenly.
- To make the topping, in a large mixing bowl, mix together oats, corn flake cereal, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt until well mixed. Pour in melted butter and stir until incorporated (crumbles will begin to form). Pour on top of the strawberry mixture and distribute evenly on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until top is golden brown and strawberries are bubbly.
- Allow crisp to cool for 5 minutes. Scoop into bowls and top with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (optional).
- Strawberries could be substituted for mixed berries or blackberries.
- I use a 9x9 or 11x7 baking dish. 13x9 would work fine, you will just have a thinner and more spread-out layer of strawberries and topping.
I love that this cornflake topping would be delicious with ANY fruit- blueberries, apricots, peaches or a combination. I'm tired of my oatmeal crisp topping. Great idea!
Caitlin from CC's Table
It totally would be! Thanks so much for the great comment! I'm so glad you're here 🙂