Is there anything more worthy of a silver platter than warm chocolate chip cookies?! The answer is YES- these cookies! I call them my silver platter chocolate chip cookies because they are the greatest chocolate chip cookies that you will ever have and deserve to be put on a pedestal.
My silver platter cookies are the classic chocolate chip cookie but turned up a [big] notch to make them way more decadent than your normal choco chip cookie. I add browned butter, toffee bits, and top with flaky sea salt. They are packed with deliciousness and best served with a cold glass of milk.
When making these cookies be sure to not overcook them. As soon as you see the slightest bit of browning happening on the bottom of the cookie, they are done. The cookies will continue to cook once they are out of the oven and I promise they will be so soft and perfectly chewy!
Once the cookies are done, I top them with flaky sea salt- yum! Note: if you aren't a fan of salt, go ahead and skip this step (although I highly recommend testing one with salt before you give up on it) and they will still be delicious.
Know that I serve these on a silver platter because they are worthy of a queen, not because they are difficult. These cookies come together in about 20 minutes and you'll find yourself wanting to whip them up weekly.
I hope you and your family enjoy these as much as mine do and please leave a comment below letting me know what you think!
Silver Platter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature, divided
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup toffee bits
- flaky sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- To make the brown butter, in a small pan on medium-high heat, melt half of the butter. Continually swirl the pan until butter begins foaming and there are auburn brown bits at the bottom, about 5 minutes. Take off the heat and cool for 5 minutes.
- Using a standing or hand-held mixer, beat the brown butter, room temperature butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract until creamy. Add eggs and mix until just combined.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda to the sugar and egg mixture. Mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- If dough is sticky, refrigerate for 10 minutes. Scoop cookie dough into 16 equal sized balls and place cookie sheets at least 4 inches apart from one another. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the bottoms of the cookies just begin to brown.
- Cool cookies on a cooling rack and enjoy!
- 1x makes 16 medium-sized cookies.
- I bake 5-6 cookies per 9x13 cookie sheet on the medium and lower racks of my oven.