Grilled corn has been a summer staple in my family for as long as I can remember. In my opinion, it is the perfect summer vegetable and I love how grilling it adds a caramelization to the sweetness of this vegetable. I decided to turn it up a notch with a secret ingredient and make garlic and herb grilled corn with Boursin cheese.
If you haven't had this type of cheese before, it is super creamy, mild, and has similar flavors like cream cheese. Alouette is another similar brand that you could substitute for. The creaminess of this cheese, mixed with the garlic and herby flavors, combined with the caramelized corn makes this corn the absolute best I've ever had!
One of the best parts about grilling corn is that you never need to turn the stove on to boil water-- just what we need on these hot summer days! Once wrapped in foil, you can throw the corn right on the grill along with any other veggies and your protein.
If you make this grilled corn with Boursin, I'd love nothing more than to hear what you think in the comments below! I hope you enjoy this perfect grilled corn as much as I do!
Grilled Corn with Boursin
- 4 ears of corn husks removed
- 5.2 oz Boursin garlic and herb soft cheese divided
- Kosher salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Turn on grill, creating a section with indirect heat and a section with direct heat. If you have a charcoal grill, place coals on one side of grill. If you have a gas grill, turn one burner on high and another burner on medium.
- Set half the Boursin cheese aside for later. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt half the Boursin cheese for 30 seconds, until softened. Using a butter-knife, spread Boursin over each ear of corn, covering all sides. Sprinkle each ear with a pinch of salt and pepper all over. Wrap each ear of corn, individually and tightly (use enough foil so that it wraps at least twice around).
- Once grill is hot, add foil-wrapped corn. Grill on indirect heat for 15 minutes, rotating every few minutes.
- Heat the other half of Boursin in a microwave-safe dish for 30 seconds, or until softened.
- Carefully remove the corn from the foil. Grill on direct heat rotating frequently for about 5 minutes to get corn to your desired amount of caramelization. 2 minutes before you are done, brush each ear of corn all over with the softened Boursin cheese. Corn is ready to eat when it has several golden brown spots on it and Boursin is beginning to melt.
- You can wrap the corn in foil up to a day in advance and refrigerate it. Wait to cook and grill until right before serving.
- If you find your corn browning too quickly when it is unwrapped, scoot back over to indirect heat.
Leave a Reply