This broccoli and apple pizza is the most flavorful pizza with both earthy and tart flavors. The creamy mozzarella, spicy red pepper flakes, earthy broccoli, and tart apples are the perfect quartet! This pizza has all the flavors and your tastebuds will thank you.
Homemade pizza is so fun to make for a date night or for company. It comes together in 30 minutes or less and is fun for everyone to gather around the table and enjoy. Plus it is perfect for guests who are vegetarian.
If you follow this blog you know I love garlic and work to include it in every recipe. If you are not a garlic fan, you can reduce the garlic that this recipe calls for.
I purchase my pizza dough at Trader Joe's. Most local pizza parlors will also sell you their dough. Alternatively, you can make homemade dough. I have never done this before, but Sugar Spun Run has a very popular recipe.
This pizza would be delicious served with my shaved brussels sprouts salad on the side! If you make this broccoli and apple pizza, I'd love to know what you think in the comments below!
Broccoli and Apple Pizza
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 apple, diced such as granny smith
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a pizza stone in the oven 30 minutes before baking the pizza.
- Cut pizza dough into 0.5 lb portions. Roll each portion of dough out with a rolling pin and by rotating it circularly with your hands.
- Leave 1 inch free around the edges and top dough evenly with mozzarella, then red pepper flakes and garlic, and finally with chopped broccoli and apple. Brush the edges with olive oil.
- Carefully place pizza on hot pizza stone. Bake for 12-18 minutes, or until edges are golden brown, cheese is melted, and dough is fully cooked.
- Cut each pizza into 6 slices and serve immediately.
- Be sure to read the instructions on your pizza dough. Typically it needs to rise 30 minutes before you roll it out. Do not skip this step. If you skip it, your pizza won't roll out flat.
- 1 lb of pizza dough makes two 10-inch pizzas. I would serve that to 4 people if I was serving an appetizer, salad, or dessert along with it. My husband and I have had nights where this just serves the two of us because we are super hungry and not eating anything else with it.
- Pizza is best served straight from the oven. If you have leftovers, you can reheat them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melty and warm.
Leave a Reply