This Tomato Basil Feta Salad is the perfect easy salad for summer dinners and lunches! This fresh cherry tomato salad makes for a great side dish or served on top of pasta or crusty bread.
- Cherry Tomatoes: You can use cherry, sugar plum, or grape tomatoes for this recipe. The key is to use small tomatoes to get that slight crunch.
- Pine nuts: Pine nuts add a nice buttery flavor and crunch to this salad. I like to toast the pine nuts to bring out extra flavor.
- Olive Oil: I recommend using good quality extra-virgin olive oil.
Prep ahead tips
This recipe can be prepped up to 3 hours in advance. Place tomatoes, feta, basil, and pinenuts in a bowl in the refrigerator and cover them with a clear wrap (don't toss ingredients together yet). When it is time to serve, add the olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss all the ingredients together.
I love serving this salad as a side dish, or you could serve it on top of toasted bread for bruschetta or tossed with fresh pasta. As a side dish, I love pairing it with:
- Chicken in Cast Iron Skillet
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta
- Strawberry Crisp for dessert
- A glass of white wine
This recipe is so easy to put together, yet so refreshing and delicious. It is the perfect spring and summer side dish. If you make this tomato basil feta salad, I'd love nothing more than to know what you think in the comments below!
Tomato and Feta Salad
- 1 lb cherry, sugar plum, or grape tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 large basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Toss all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and serve immediately (see notes for make-ahead tips).
- This recipe can be prepped up to 3 hours in advance with tomatoes, feta, basil, and pinenuts place in a bowl in the refrigerator and covered with clear wrap (don't toss ingredients together yet). When it is time to serve, add the olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss all ingredients together.