This tomato and feta salad is perfect for summer dinners and lunches! It is fresh and easy to make and will make your kitchen smell like summer.
This recipe comes together in just a few minutes, yet can easily be the highlight of your meal. The crisp basil, fresh tomatoes, buttery pinenuts, and creamy feta all go perfectly together. You'll want to grab a big spoon and eat straight from the serving bowl.
You can use cherry, sugar plum, or grape tomatoes for this recipe. The key is to use small tomatoes to get that slight crunch. They are all very similar types of tomatoes, however, my favorites are sugar plum and the crowd favorite tends to be cherry. Pick whatever is your favorite and also looks fresh at the grocery store.
This recipe can be prepped up to 3 hours in advance. Place tomatoes, feta, basil, and pinenuts in a bowl in the refrigerator and cover them with a clear wrap (don't toss ingredients together yet). When it is time to serve, add the olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss all the ingredients together.
I love serving this salad as a side dish, or you could serve it on top of toasted bread for bruschetta or tossed with fresh pasta. As a side dish, I love pairing it with:
- Easy Marinated Grilled Chicken
- Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta
- Strawberry Corn Flake Crisp for dessert
- A glass of white wine
This recipe is so easy to put together, yet so refreshing and delicious. It is the perfect spring and summer side dish. If you make this tomato and feta salad, I'd love nothing more than to know what you think in the comments below!
Tomato and Feta Salad
- 1 lb cherry, sugar plum, or grape tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 8 large basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Toss all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and serve immediately (see notes for make-ahead tips).
- This recipe can be prepped up to 3 hours in advance with tomatoes, feta, basil, and pinenuts place in a bowl in the refrigerator and covered with clear wrap (don't toss ingredients together yet). When it is time to serve, add the olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss all ingredients together.
We made this salad tonight and it was delicious! We wanted a recipe that would highlight our home grown tomatoes and fresh basil and this was exactly it! Thanks again for the tasty recipes!
Caitlin from CC's Table
Oh I am so glad! Thank you so much for trying my recipe! I am so happy you liked it!