Shaved Brussels sprout salad is my new favorite way to enjoy Brussels sprouts! This salad is easy to assemble, yet impressive and will surprise anyone you serve it to.
The shaved Brussels sprouts add a twist to your typical romaine or mixed greens salad. The Brussels sprouts are topped with a warm shallot vinaigrette and tossed with creamy goat cheese, salty pancetta, and sweet golden raisins.
The easiest way to shave the Brussels sprouts is by using the slicing disc on a food processor. If you don't have a food processor, you can carefully use a sharp knife or mandolin. Some stores even sell pre-shaved Brussels sprouts!
This recipe would be a delicious side dish paired with my marinated grilled chicken or served as a main course. If you are looking to make it heartier, you could consider adding a poached or hard-boiled egg.
If you make this shaved Brussels sprout salad, I'd love to know what you think in the comments below!
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- 4 oz diced pancetta
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ⅓ cup olive oil divided
- 1 medium shallot finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and add the diced pancetta. Bake for 15 minutes, or until crispy (cook time will vary depending on the thickness of pancetta). Drain on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Using a mandolin, sharp knife, or the thin slicing disc on a food processor (preferred), thinly slice the Brussels sprouts. Add to a bowl with pancetta, goat cheese, and raisins.
- To make the dressing, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small saucepan on medium-high heat. Add the shallot and garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Turn heat to low and whisk in the rest of the olive oil, white wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper until oil is warm.
- Toss warm dressing with the Brussels sprouts, pancetta, cheese, and raisins. Serve immediately.
- This recipe serves 6 as a side, or 3 as a main dish.
- To make vegetarian, you can substitute the pancetta for hard-boiled egg or slivered almonds.
- If your store does not have pancetta, you can use bacon.
I actually took the salad dressing and warmed it up, tossed the sliced brussels into the warm dressing to cook them just a bit. Then, I topped it with the goat cheese and raisins..... fabulous!!
Caitlin from CC's Table
Thank you so much! I am so glad you liked it!