With summer coming to a close soon, I'm getting in all the grilling I can before the season ends! This easy marinated grilled chicken is a staple. It comes together quickly and the result is so flavorful! I love serving with grilled veggies, especially my grilled corn with Boursin.
This marinade is packed with some of my favorite ingredients: garlic, lemon, chili flakes, and Italian seasoning. I find that balsamic vinegar-based marinades can sometimes be overpowering for chicken, which is why I use a more mild vinegar, champagne vinegar. The chili flakes add a very slight amount of heat but feel free to remove if you are sensitive to spice or increase if you love spice.
Be sure to check out the notes section of this recipe for helpful tips on how to set up your grill for perfectly cooked chicken.
I hope you love this easy-marinated grilled chicken as much as I do. If you make it please, let me know what you think in the comments!
Easy Marinated Grilled Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts about 2 pounds total
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon champagne or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black peper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Add all ingredients into a large Ziploc bag (or other sealable bag). Remove air from bag and seal tightly. Gently massage all the ingredients together, making sure each chicken breast is coated. Refrigerate and marinate for at least one hour, up to overnight.
- Heat grill on high heat (see recipe note on how to set-up your grill). Remove each chicken breast from the bag and grill on indirect heat for 10 minutes, flipping halfway, or until chicken is fully cooked and the juices run clear and the center is no longer pink (center should be 165 degrees Fahrenheit). If you like grill marks, move the chicken over to the direct heat the last minute or two.